The Discovery House, LLC operates the www.thediscoveryhouse.com, which provides addiction treatment resources and information.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, The Discovery House website.
What information do we collect?
In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or revealing personal information about yourself. You (or your personal representative) can, however, voluntarily provide personal information, which refers to:
- Contact information (such as the names, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of users and/or their loved ones)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, gender, marital status, and zip code)
- Health Insurance information (such as insurance provider information, insurance policy information, and information concerning the policy-holder and insured)
- Financial information (such as social security number, bank account information, or credit card information)
- Health Information (such as information concerning the health condition and/or symptoms of users and/or their loved ones, or information required for routine intake)
If you choose to interact on the Website – such as by registering, applying for products or services, submitting orders, questionnaires, surveys, or requests for information or using mobile applications or social media platforms – The Discovery House will collect the personal information that you (or your personal representative) provide. We may enhance or merge the information that you provide to us directly with information from other sources, including third parties, or merge your personal information with data regarding how you use our site, for the purposes described below.
What do we use your information for?
The Discovery House may collect, maintain, and use the personal information submitted by users via the Website for the following purposes:
- Helping to establish and verify users’ identity
- Gathering information concerning individuals’ health insurance coverage;
- Evaluating which resources will best meet users’ needs, and coordinating the disclosure of such resources to users;
- Processing requests submitted by users;
- Marketing services to you;
- Responding to your inquiries or other requests;
- Contacting you when necessary;
- Keeping a record of our transactions and communications;
- Maintaining the security and integrity of our systems;
- Protecting the health, safety or welfare of others; and
- Complying with legal requirements, complying with legal process, or defending our legal rights.
How do we protect your information?
The Discovery House utilizes the information that users enter via the Website (or otherwise provide to us by other means, if any) to provide resources which best match each user’s circumstances. The Discovery House may provide information received from users to those unaffiliated companies, agents or contractors (“Third Parties”) who provide or furnish the resources matching users’ circumstances, and The Discovery House may have agreements with those Third Parties which provide compensation to The Discovery House. However, The Discovery House is not compensated on the basis of providing any particular user’s information to Third Parties or others. Rather, The Discovery House is compensated on a subscription basis, independent of providing user information to Third Parties, and The Discovery House maintains a strict policy prohibiting it from entering into and/or performing any agreement or relationship with Third Parties or others which would otherwise provide for it be compensated in exchange for providing to Third Parties any user information received via the Website. The Discovery House does not sell users’ personal information to any Third Party or to others.
The Discovery House may disclose your personal information, and/or other information submitted to The Discovery House via the Website, to Third Parties for the following reasons:
- We may use Third Parties to help us maintain and operate our Websites, to provide you with resources that you have requested, or for other reasons related to the operation of our business (including the information uses listed above).
- In the event we provide personal information to Third Parties, they are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide the required services for us, unless otherwise authorized by you.
- We reserve the right to release your personal information if required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order, upon request of government authorities, or as reasonably necessary to protect The Discovery House, the individuals that The Discovery House serves, or the public.
We may also disclose to Third Parties (or allow Third Parties to compile) your non-personal information from the cookies, web beacons, or other technologies on our Website for purposes including but not limited to measuring site activity and providing a better user experience. Your personal information and non-personal information may be stored in The Discovery House databases, affiliated company or subsidiary databases, or databases managed by Third Party Service providers, which are located within and outside of the United States. Your information will be automatically transferred to these databases for storage and maintenance. These databases may be located in countries where privacy rules differ and may be less stringent than those of the United States.
This refers to credit or debit card numbers, personal financial account information, Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver’s license numbers or similar personal identifiers, racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health condition or information, or other employment, financial or health information.
Links to third party websites
Use of Google Analytics
The Discovery House website utilizes Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Social Media Platforms
Our Websites’ web pages may embed plug-ins, widgets, or other apps on various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. An example of such a plug-in is Facebook’s “Like” button. When you encounter those embedded objects, your internet browser may make a direct connection to the social media platform’s service and may share information such as which of our Websites you have visited. Our Websites may also be made available through third-party social media platforms.
Mailing list and newsletters
We send occasional emails to market our services and provide educational tools and resources to our existing clients, potential clients, as well as interested parties (ie. students, counselors, and professionals). Subscribers give full expressed consent to receive emails before any messages are delivered and may opt out at any time.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
We take these issues very seriously and adhere fully to all confidentiality requirements, including requirements under HIPPA and other privacy laws.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
This policy was last updated on 5/24/2018.
By phone: 818.666.3083
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: The Discovery House
ATTN: Privacy Office
7133 Darby Ave, Suite A
Reseda, CA, 91335