Crystal meth is highly addictive and has become a worldwide problem, leaving many people in need of meth addiction treatment. Meth is made in home labs across the country, putting residents and their neighbors at risk.
Methamphetamines are drugs that act directly on the brain to cause a stimulant effect (as opposed to the more euphoric feeling of opiate drugs.) There are legal uses and forms of stimulant drugs, but crystal meth is an illegal and highly addictive form. Treatment of meth addiction can be difficult, but it is also the only way to stop using. The Discovery House offers effective treatment programs for individuals addicted to meth.
What is Crystal Meth?
Crystal meth (short for crystal amphetamine) is a white, crystallized form of methamphetamine. On the street it is called ice or glass. It is abused by people of all ages, but has become popular among younger users as a club drug. Because it is cheap and readily available, as well as extremely addictive, many people who try this drug end up needing treatment for meth addiction.
The physical effects of crystal meth can be both short and long-term:
- Increased heart and blood pressure
- Decreased appetite (that can lead to severe malnutrition)
- Eye twitching
- Profound feelings of depression as the crystal meth effect wears off (which causes the user to seek more of the drug)
- Violent behavior
- Heart damage
- Dry mouth
- Severely decayed teeth (meth mouth)
- Looking years older than the actual age of the person, due to changes in skin structure and the ability to heal from infections
- Difficulty sleeping
- Permanent brain changes, destroying the normal pleasure pathways of the brain
Crystal Meth Treatment
Because crystal meth is so highly addictive, even though it may have begun as a simple “going along with the group” experimentation, detox and residential treatment are required if crystal meth treatment is going to be effective.
As with many other kinds of drug users, meth addicts will do anything to get the drugs that they need, from lying and stealing, to prostitution. It is usually when the individual starts showing abnormal behavior that family and friends take note of the problem and become concerned. It is critical that the person receive meth addiction treatment as soon as possible, in order to offer the best chance at complete recovery.
Comprehensive meth addiction treatment at The Discovery House includes:
- Individualized treatment plan
- Sub-acute detox
- Residential treatment with concurrent support of the post-withdrawal symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Group and individual therapy
- Addressing medical and dental concerns through consulting physicians
- Nutritional support
- Setting up a strong after care and relapse prevention program
The Discovery House Offers Meth Addiction Treatment
Our Certified Substance Abuse Counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are there to help during the critical detox period and throughout the resident’s stay with us. Additionally, each of our counselors has a low volume caseload and maintains a 3 resident to 1 counselor ratio to maximize the effectiveness of the treatment experience.
Please contact us by calling 888.962.9063 today if you or a loved one is in need of crystal meth treatment. The Discovery House can help get your life back together.
The Discovery House offers effective treatment for addictions to:
- Prescription Drugs