A roundup of the best in addiction news delivered here on our blog each Monday morning.
1. Cigna discontinues their policy of requiring doctors to seek authorization before they go about treating a patient for opioid addiction. (Reuters)
2. Man that was mistakenly arrested for alleged meth possession (turns out it was just donut glaze) will sue the city of Orlando and related drug-test company. (FOX News)
3. New guidelines require that health insurance must cover substance abuse treatments (Watertown Daily Times)
4. Could peer recovery specialists be the missing link in the treatment and prevention of drug and alcohol overdoses? (CNN)
5. John Oliver talks about the opioid epidemic on this week’s episode of Last Week Tonight (TIME)
6. Drug Take Back events prove successful in many states (KFDM)