If you’re having trouble controlling your drug use, drug rehab or alcohol rehab at a residential drug treatment center offers unique advantages that can increase your chances of success and minimize the risk of relapse.comprehensive substance abuse treatment can help you overcome your chemical dependency and begin a new, drug-free life.
Both inpatient and outpatient drug rehab programs are available to help you combat substance abuse. The right treatment setting will depend on your specific substance of abuse, the severity of your drug problem and your individual needs. While an intensive outpatient program provides valuable flexibility and can be an effective way to get on the road to recovery, it’s not the best choice for every individual.
The Top 6 Advantages of Residential Drug Treatment
There are many reasons to consider an inpatient treatment program for drug or alcohol abuse:
1. Structure: Residential treatment programs offer clients little free time. Staying busy keeps recovering individuals from thinking about drugs or trying to figure out ways to obtain them.
2. Round-the-clock support: During the early days of recovery, the risk of relapse is high. The 24/7 professional support offered in an inpatient program can provide invaluable peace of mind.
3. No alcohol or drugs: In a residential program, clients stay at the facility for the duration of their treatment. There’s no access to drugs or alcohol at a rehab center, which makes inpatient treatment the safest option during the challenging days of early recovery.
4. Socialization: Every client at an inpatient rehab is dealing with similar struggles. Rehab centers can be a great source of new friendships and much-needed social support.
5. Nutrition: A balanced diet can play an important role in your recovery efforts, and the professionals at an inpatient drug or alcohol rehab center make sure that every client is provided with healthy meal options. Nutritious food can help clients deal with the physical challenges of withdrawal and give them more energy for recovery.
6. Alternative therapies: In addition to standard treatments such as inpatient group therapy and inpatient behavioral health services, residential rehab centers usually offer a range of alternative therapies. Many people find that yoga, meditation, massage and other alternative treatments provide an effective way to manage stress and achieve a sense of inner peace.
Choosing a Residential Drug Treatment Program
Every case of substance abuse is different. Some addicted clients will fare better in an outpatient drug treatment program, while others respond better to inpatient treatment. Individuals with co-occurring mental health disorders are better served by a residential drug treatment program. Inpatient rehab is also recommended for alcoholics in order to remove them from the easy access to alcohol available to anyone over the age of 21. A residential facility provides an alcohol-free environment where individuals can avoid temptation for the length of their stay.
Many individuals choose to start their treatment with inpatient therapy and then transition to an outpatient program. It’s important to work with an addiction specialist to discuss your situation and figure out which type of treatment would be most effective for you. The Discovery House offers both residential drug treatment services and intensive outpatient programs.
It’s clear that both outpatient and inpatient drug rehab offer an effective way to beat substance addiction and turn your life around; however, it’s important to choose the right treatment approach for your needs. If you’ve decided to overcome a drug or alcohol addiction, The Discovery House can help. Our trained professionals assess every client’s individual situation and determine the best treatment program for their needs.
Customized Care at The Discovery House
The Discovery House, a fully licensed, Joint Commission-accredited facility located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, utilizes a variety of treatment programs that allow each client to receive the individualized care they deserve. Our pet-friendly Southern California rehab center offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient drug treatment programs to help drug addicts and alcoholics achieve and maintain sobriety. Each client at The Discovery House receives customized care to end their dependence on prescription drugs, heroin and other opiates and/or alcohol in order to live a clean and sober life.